Thursday, March 14, 2013

Simple and Quick 'Beef Stroganoff'

If you 'Like' the fan page on Facebook you know I've been slacking on the Meal Planning front and because of this I've been going over my grocery budget.  I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things and I'll get back to posting my Meal Plan Mondays (it helps me stay accountable and hopefully helps you all out, too!). 

Feed 5 for under $5!

The other night 5pm rolled around and I hadn't figured out what was for dinner.  I scrambles to see what I had in the pantry and fridge and came up with super simple 'Beef Stroganoff' meal that was actually a huge hit. 

What you'll need:
3/4- 1 lb of ground beef ($2.68)
2-3 cups of noodles (I used the last of two different kinds) (.75)
1 can cream of mushroom soup ($1)
garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
Total: $4.43

I browned my meat in my fantastic new Ozeri Green Earth Non-Stick Frying Pan (100% PTFE and PFOA Free) and cooked my noodles in a pasta pot I got for my bridal shower.

After both were cooked I drained them.  I added the cream of mushroom soup to the meat and added the salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.  I tossed the noodles into the meat mixture and I was done!  Open up a can of corn as an easy side and watch your family gobble it up!!  It took less than 20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...