Thursday, March 14, 2013

Frozen Fruit Pie Filling

It's Pi Day (March 14th....3.14)! And in honor of this day I'm making Mini Pies!

I didn't have any appropriate fresh fruit or canned pie filling so I improvised.  I have some frozen fruits for smoothies...here's how I made frozen fruit into a pie filling!


What You'll Need for Pie Filling:
2 cups frozen fruit (I used 1 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup raspberries)
1/2 cup sugar (more if you'd like a sweeter pie)
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon corn starch



You can defrost the frozen fruit in the microwave or on the counter, depending on time constraints.  If you decide to use the defrost function on your microwave make sure you defrost slowly, a minute at a time.  You don't want cooked or mushy fruit. 


Mix the other ingredients in with your defrosted fruit and there's your pie filling!


To avoid a soggy pie crust bake it for a few minutes before filling.  It's not absolutely necessary but will help!


1 comment:

  1. I just have to say-yum!
    Found you from In and Out of the kitchen. : )
    www.cakeandvodka.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...