Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Often I will buy a rotiserie chicken for $5/$6 and use the meat in at least three meals. I then take the bones and make chicken broth/stock to use in cooking.  I highly suggest this- it's easy and so yummy.  Let me know if this is something you might want a little 'how to' post on- I'd be happy to share what I do.

For this soup these numbers are approximate.  I rarely measure anything out but it always comes our delish!  Use what you and your family like. 
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
5 (or more) cups broth
2 cups noodles
1 cup carrots
1/2 of a white onion
2 stalks Celery (Half of my family doesn't like celery)
1-2 cups Cubed Chicken Cooked (or shredded)
Salt, Pepper to taste (I use lots of spices in the broth so this is minimal for me)



Get your broth boiling on the stove while you cut your veggies roughly (no need to be precise here).  Dump those veggies in and turn the heat down to medium.  Now's the time to add your noodles.  I let my kids pick what kind of noodles to use.  It's fun and I find it helps get the kiddos involved and in turn makes actually eating dinner less of a arguement.  Let the noodles get al dente and toss your chicken in.  Let it all cook up for a few minutes and you're done!  Pair it with a grilled cheese sandwich or alone and it's the perfect mean for these colder months, not to mention easy and CHEAP!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing beats a good chicken noodle soup in my opinion.Thanks for linking up to Friday Food Frenzy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...