Friday, April 26, 2013

$25 Monthly Makeup Challenge Month 2



Last month a few of my fantastic bloggy friends and I started the $25 Monthly Makeup Challenge.  It's all about building (or adding to) your makeup arsenal.  I'm focusing on quality- not quantity.  Only spending $25 each month (and 'rolling over' any leftover each month).  Last month I got Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick (you can see that post here).

Last Month's Total- $19.67
Leftover- $5.33
Total available this month- $30.33

This month I choose to purchase Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Eyeshadow Primer is extremely important to keep creasing and oil at bay.  Even if you don't have oily skin, eyelids are oil pools for anyone.  The oil is what creates the creasing of your perfectly placed eye shadows.  This primer helps the shadows stay pigmented, too.

This primer works fantastically!!  It is one I've been wanting to try and knew I wanted to add it to my makeup kit.  The price tag is $20 at Ulta and Sephora so it's a splurge for me.  But again, this challenge is all about slowly building a kit full of quality items for only $25/month. 

This Month's Total: $21.86
Left over (from $30.33): $8.47
Total Available Next Month: $33.47

So far I have my Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick and Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  What kind of item would you like to see next month?  I'm thinking concealer but let me know your thoughts below! Don't forget to check out what others are doing with this challenge (Links Below)!


2 comments:

  1. People always forget about the basics, because they're not "sexy." Love that you're getting the great foundation pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - this is totally what I had bought for this months challenge too, which I hadn't been able to test so I held off and skipped this month and waited to use it for next month. Way funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...