Friday, December 21, 2012

Snowflakes for Sandy Hook

The other day while in the dollar store K asked for scissors- there were a pair of safety ones in the aisle and I figured it'd be good to learn, supervised, of course.

I found out about Snowflakes for Sandy Hook online and felt it was something I really wanted to do with my kids.  I haven't talked a whole lot about the horrible tragedy because I don't really know what to say.  I still cry thinking about what those families are going through and I wish there was something I could do.  Although making snowflakes may not seem like much it's something tangible and was really therapeutic. 

So today, before dinner, we made snowflakes.  It was K's first time using scissors and was a little nerve wracking for Mama but I really enjoyed spending time with both my boys (Baby G colored a bit at the table while K and I cut away at printer paper).  I hadn't made snowflakes since my time in school and had almost forgotten how.  I'm sure my 8 year old self would laugh at my creations but it was fun having K tell me a shape to cut on mine while he sliced away at his.  He's so proud of his creations and although he's pretty unaware of the entire situation, I'm so proud of him for being willing to send his masterpieces 'to kids who need them for decorating their school'.

If you are interested in what the Connecticut Parent Teacher Student Association is doing to help ease the transition back into school after the break I urge you to check it out.  Take a few moments and cut some snowflakes to help create a 'winter wonderland' and show your love. 

You can send them here:
Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway, Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...