Saturday, May 11, 2013

Starlooks April Box

I know, I know.  It's almost mid-May and I'm just now posting my Starlooks April Box thoughts!

When I opened the box (which costs only $15/month) I was a little perplexed.  I wasn't sure how I felt about the products. The theme for April was neutrals.  And the retail value of this box was $50.


There was a translucent white mineral powder which truth be told, I was not excited about.  But I wanted to try it first before passing judgement.  I'm so glad I did!  I used it as a setting powder.  So, I applied it after my regular foundation/powder routine.  It helped my makeup stay put all day and had a very subtle shimmer type glow to it.  ($19)

I was really happy with the Tender Gloss Lipstick.  I prefer sheer, glossy kind of natural lips sticks and this color is so pretty.  It gives my natural lip just a little something.  It's creamy and perfect for everyday! ($11)

Sensation Mascara Primer was the third item I grabbed.  I have naturally long lashes so again, I wasn't thrilled.  I don't use this kind of product normally so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I tried it and I am IN LOVE.  The product is white and strange at first- it's not the same kind of formula as the mascaras I use, the brush looked kind of 'hairy' with the product on it.  I apply it just as I would mascara and it adds length and thickness.  I top it off with mascara and my lashes look amazing! ($15)

There was a Mint Lip Balm in the box, as well.  I can always use more lip balm and it has SPF 15.  It's moisturizing and perfect to toss in my bag. 

My box (and my last box) didn't have the crystal.  I thought maybe they were doing away with that aspect but I think that was accidental as it seems other people got theirs.  I must say I was super bummed; I've been adding the crystals to my brush holder. 

I'm happy with this month, which just goes to show, you never really know!  Products I didn't think I'd like I LOVE.  That's exactly what I love about subscription boxes and especially Starlooks!

I pay for my subscription each month now and I'll definitely be keeping it- well worth the cost and I've been consistently happy.  Can't wait for May!





1 comment:

  1. Looks like a promising subscription box hun! I am glad you liked what you got.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...