Thursday, March 7, 2013

CampusBookRentals.com and RentBack.com

I'm currently back in school and this semester, especially, has been really rough.  With planning a wedding and the cost of school I've been stressed.  If you remember, I posted about CampusBookRentals.com back in November (you can see that post here) and I'm really excited to be sharing with you all that website again and a new aspect of Campus Book Rentals; RentBack.com.

RentBack allows students to rent out textbooks they own to other students.  This helps both parties because it keeps the outrageous costs of books for each semester in check and it also helps the owner generate more money than they would if they sold the textbook back at the end of the semester (actually on average they can make 2-4x more!).  I can absolutely comment on the ridiculous amount schools and other bookstores offer to buy back textbooks.  I have bought a new book at the beginning of the semester for over a hundred dollars and been offered less than $10 when selling it back!  The textbook can be in like new condition but the offer is always so small it's barely worth it! In fact, I have many old textbooks in my house because I kept them purely on principle. 



I'm happy to be involved with CampusBookRentals.com because I really believe this service is important and beneficial to students (and parents of students).  As I discussed last time, Campus Book Rentals donates to Operation Smile each time a book is rented.  That alone makes using CampusBookRentals.com worth it for me, but knowing that you save 40-90% and get free shipping both ways (I hate to pay for shipping on anything!) makes the situation that much better.

I'm still going through all my books to see which textbooks I have and I'll be on RentBack.com to see how much my textbooks are really worth.  You can plug in the title of the books you have to see what the chances are you'll rent it and what an appropriate price for the rental would be etc.  Very cool!

Have any textbooks lying around?  I encourage you to check out what they might be worth.  And next semester before you buy those books from the campus bookstore don't forget to check CampusBookRentals.com!


1 comment:

  1. Campusbookrentals.com is a credible site and often has the best rental prices. However always do a Textbook Price Comparison. For example this particular nursing book:

    Price Compare NCLEX review: 9781437708257

    You will see that you can buy a used copy for a few dollars more than the price of a rental - no need to worry about returning on time, plus you may be able to resell the book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...