Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving Leftover 'Pot Pie'

Thanksgiving Leftover 'Pot Pie'

Years ago I saw a recipe in Taste of Home (Shop now from Taste of Home!) on how to use leftovers after Thanksgiving.  It sounded yummy but I didn't save it!  I'm not sure what I was thinking.  I might've saved it for a bit and then during an intense cleaning session tossed it out or never saved it to begin with.  Either way, last year when I wanted it I couldn't find it.  No worries, I figured.  I'll just do what I could from memory with what I had, anyway.  What I came up with was a huge hit with my family (and even extended family).  This year I couldn't remember exactly what I did (plus our leftovers differed a bit this year) but that's the beauty of this (and many of my) recipe!

This is what I did this year:

I used leftover turkey, stuffing (truthfully I made more stuffing using a box for this), mashed potatos and veggies.  I wish I'd had leftover gravy but I didn't and it was still yummy without.

I also used 1 8oz package of cream cheese, a splash of milk and salt and pepper.


You'll need a pie tin.
Preheat your oven to 350.

Wet you hands and place the stuffing in your pie tin.  This will be your crust- start pushing it down and areound forming to the pie tin.  Pop it in the oven for 10 minutes to dry it up a bit while you are mising the other ingredients.

 

Cube or shred your turkey and mix it with the cream cheese.  This is where I would've loved to add a bit of gravy but alas, I had none.  Instead I used a splash of milk and salt and pepper.  Just keep blending until you have a creamy mixture (you still want this thick so don't use too much milk or gravy).  Add whatever veggies you want or have left over.  I used corn this time- I would've loved a medley but my veggie medley was devoured the day before I made this meal. 



Take your crust ot of the oven and put your creamy turkey mixture in the crust.  Smooth it down and top with mashed potatoes.  Back in the over for about 20 minutes.  You can top with some cheese and bread crumbs if you want for a bit of a crunchy crust on top.  This one tin might not seem like a lot but it is!  I fed my 5 plus my teenage brother who was over that night. and still had some for Hubs-to-Be to take to work the next day!


What are your favorite ways to use Thanksgiving Day leftovers? Comment Below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...