Thursday, December 6, 2012

DIY Dryer Sheets/Cloths

Like many of you I love to save money.  I also love to help the environment and try to be as eco friendly as possible.  I started making these DIY dryer cloths after seeing it on Pinterest about a million times.  I have been known to make my own laundry detergent (post coming soon!) so this seemed the a natural next step for me. 


It really is simple.  You will need:
Old rag/Cut up towel/Something similar
Liquid Fabric Softener
A place to soak
A place to hang














Take your liquid fabric softener and pour into your bowl/cup/place to soak.  I use about 1/2 cup at a time, but I don't measure.  Remember you can always add more.  Soak your cloth.  I let it soak for a few hours.  Warning, your home will smell like fabric softener!  I find it quite pleasant, actually! Squeeze out the excess and then hang them to dry.  You want them to completely dry before using them.  Once they are dry use one rag per load of laundry in the dryer.  Mine seem to last approx. 30-40 loads.  I sniff them every once and a while.  Once the smell has worn away, I do this process over again.  I have three on hand usually. 

Price Break Down:
I couponed for this bottle of detergent and got it for free a while back.  The cloth is a cut up old wash cloth- it was actually a baby wash cloth- long and skinny (could also be used as a burp cloth but still a terry cloth type material) and I cut it into 3 pieces.  Making this costs me nothing and once this bottle is gone depending on what kind of deal I get on liquid fabric softener; it will be fractions of cents per load.  I like that!  Plus, I'm helping doing my part to eliminate waste like traditional dryer sheets.  Win/Win!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...