Monday, November 5, 2012

Meal Plan Monday


Pantry Meals

This week my budget took a hit! I used $ from this week's gracery budget on CANDY. Halloween candy was a budget breaker for me and I was convinced I needed more because I would’ve hated to be the house that ran out.  Plus, taking K with me didn’t help, he wanted chocolate and we know the kiddos appreciate it. However  chocolate is no joke on the wallet.  So this week we’ll be keeping meals cost way down but doing a lot of ‘pantry meals’.  Of course, what I have in my pantry will probably differ from what you have but hopefully this will help inspire some frugal meal options! This week at the store I bought a rotisserie chicken (5.50), 2 gallons of milk (1.77 each), 24 eggs (~4), bread (.99), flour (I was running low) (2.50), one squash (.40), 1 tomato (.30), bananas (1.50)and cans of corn were on sale for .59 so I grabbed a couple ($2.40 although I do have some in the pantry already).  That’s it total was just over $20.

 

Dinner #1: Tostadas
Leftover lettuce Shredded
Salsa
Tostada ‘shells’
Can re fried beans
Handful of cheese
¼ onion
Sour Cream


Dinner #2:  Chili
1 can black beans
1 can Kidney Beans
1 can Corn
1 can diced tomatoes
¼ Onion
Meat (optional, this week I’ll add chicken from the rotisserie)
Serve with chips or rolls or corn bread
 

Dinner #3: Pasta and Veggies
1 package any pasta
Veggies (squash, ¼ onion, tomato)
Butter

 
Dinner #4 Enchilada Lasagna
8-10 Corn Tortillas
Can of enchilada sauce (red or green)
1 cup Chicken
¼ onion
Cheese


Dinner #5: Pork Chops with Corn
1 Can Corn
Pork Chops leftover from B1G2 Sale (I find that if I cut/cube 3 it is plenty for all of us- if I leave them whole we seem to eat more)


Dinner 6: Breakfast for Dinner
Eggs and Pancakes
 

Dinner #7: Chicken Stir Fry
Chicken
Frozen Veggies


Our breakfasts will include cereal, muffins, pancakes and eggs. (Hubs-to-be will take breakfast burritos premade by me).

Snacks will be bananas, goldfish, carrots, pita chips and yogurt.

Lunch (served with a side of ‘snack’ usually) Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Tuna sandwich, chicken nuggets and leftovers. (Hubs-to-be will take leftovers and sandwiches)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...