Sunday, November 18, 2012

Easy Banana Muffins


Easy Banana Muffins


Like I said before, I try and make as much as I can from scratch. It save us quite a bit and I love to bake so it works out nicely. :) Also, baking and cooking is a time you can include the kiddos in preparing what they will eat and, in my expereince, makes getting my kids to eat that much easier. Here's my banana muffin recipe. Super easy and oh-so-yummy. I found this recipe years ago and have altered it to fit my family's tastes. You can add almost anything to this recipe, nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit and I think peanut butter would be delish (Hubs-to-be isn't a fan of PB so I have never included it...if you do let me know how it is). Enjoy!

Easy Peasy Banana Muffins
2 bananas mashed
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter melted
1 egg slighly beaten
1 teaspoon (I eyeball this...) vanilla

Preheat to 350. Bake for approx 20min (my oven is all wacky so I bake for about 13min. Just check with a toothpick).



Mash bananas add sugar and egg. Then add melted butter (slightly cooled is best) and vanilla. In another bowl combine dry ingredients. Barely mix wet and dry ingredients. This is important. Do not over mix- your muffins will be dry and tough!




Use paper liners or grease muffin tins. I use A Bakers Joy and dig it. Up to you. Fill 'em up about 1/2-2/3. This recipe makes 12 regular muffins (here I made 6 regs and 3 jumbos). I added chocolate chips to the big ones (Little G can't have chocolate yet, yes, I'm a men mommy ;) so I only add it to some). They seem to sink anyway so I throw them on top and only kinda mix remember jumbos will take a longer!




 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...